We would probably all say we need revival in our own life, our own family, and in our own church. Are we ready for revival or are we living in a position hindering revival?
Consider the list below (compiled by Christ Life Ministries) as you consider your own life in comparison to the Word of God.
- You refuse the “lukewarm” option (Rev. 3:15-16)
- You refuse to function unless Jesus has the preeminence (Col. 1:18)
- You expose false teaching and remove evil influences which cause God’s people to stumble (Rev. 2:20-23)
- You strive to “rightly divide the Word of truth” and apply it practically (II Tim. 2:15)
- You are dead to public opinion and desperate for vital union with God
- You reject the notion that rebellion is a normal part of growing up (I Sam. 15:23)
- You despise a “form of godliness” – and you desire God’s power (II Tim. 3:5)
- You are happy to remain “lukewarm” (Rev. 3:15-16)
- You are content to “go through the motions” without an obvious sense of God’s presence.
- You lack the fear of God and ignore the threat of being “spued out” by God (rev. 3:16)
- You refuse to repent of sin (Rev. 3:3)
- You endorse the belief that rebellion is a normal part of growing up (I Tim. 6:20)
- You are content to function apart from your first (foremost) love (Rev. 2:4)
- You practice selective obedience determined by the prevailing culture and possible negative outcomes (Prov. 29:25)